Publication Ethics Statement
Familia: Jurnal Hukum Keluarga Islam is a peer-reviewed journal, published twice a year by Departement of Islamic Family Law, Faculty of Sharia, State Islamic University of Datokarama Palu. It is available online as open access sources. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the editor-in-chief, the Editorial Board, the reviewer, and the publisher.
Duties of Editors
- The editors of Familia is responsible for deciding which articles submitted to the journal should be published. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making their decisions.
- The editor, however, double checks each article before its publication. The first step is to check plagiarism and, secondly, against as much as possible online databases.
- An editor evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- The editors and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Duties of Reviewers
- Reviewers assists the editors in making editorial decision;
- Reviews should be conducted objectively and should be supported by arguments clearly.
- Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editors and excuse himself from the review process.
- Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by a proper citation. A reviewer should also call to the editors' attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Every manuscript submitted to Al-Ahwal is independently reviewed by at least one reviewer. Decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendation.
- Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage.
Duties of Authors
- Authors report the original researches;
- Data presented in the paper should be represented accurately;
- The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted;
- Authors responsible to only submit a manuscript that is free from plagiarism and academically malpractices.
- Authors must state the references from the works cited;
- Authors must write manuscripts based on the applicable rules of academic writing;
- An author should not publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
Duties of Publisher
- Familia is responsible to publish articles after the process of editing, peer-review, and layout;
- Familia responsible for academic freedom of the editors and reviewers;
- Familia responsible for privacy, intellectual property, copyright, and editorial freedom.